Vijayadashmi & Puja Timings on Dussehra 2017:
1. The celebration of Dussehra otherwise called Vijayadashmi, is a standout amongst the most intriguing national celebrations of India.
2. As indicated by the immense Hindu epic, the Ramayana, Lord Rama appealed to Goddess Durga, looking for her favors for the executing of Ravana, the ten – headed evil presence ruler who had kidnapped his wife, Sita.
3. It is likewise the triumph of Durgaa Maa over the buffalo evil spirit Mahishasura.
4. Durga Maa disclosed to Rama the mystery of how he could put a conclusion to the considerable Ravana's life. Thus, the day the devil was killed by Lord Rama is commended as the celebration of Dussehra, as it connotes the triumph of good over evil.
5. Revelers re-enact the legendary story of Ramayana, after sunset, by setting up an execution called the 'Ramlila', wherein performing artists dressed as Rama and Lakshmana are indicated shooting flaming arrows at huge effigies, stuffed with firecrackers and sparklers, which represent the evil demons, Ravana, Kumbhakarna and Meghnaad.
6. Dussehra day is viewed as a holy and auspicious day.
7. It is known by various names such as Dussehra, Dasara, Dashain.
8. The ceremonies done upon the arrival of Dussehra, for example, Shami Puja, Aparajita Puja and Seema Avalanghan are finished amid Aparahna time.
9. Dashami Tithi Begins ~~ 23:49 on 29th September 2017
10. Dashami Tithi Ends ~~ 01:35 on 1st October 2017
11. Vijayadashmi Puja Time:
• Vijaya Muhurat – 14:08 to 14:55 (Duration – 0 hours 47 minutes)
• Aparahna Muhurat – 13:21 – 15:42 (Duration – 2 hours 21 minutes)
12. Hindus trust that any work began on this day will undoubtedly meet with success.
13. In a few groups, dealers open new books of records and worship their weapons and tools.
14. In a few groups, Ravana is worshiped with blossoms, roli, chawal, mauli, jal, batasha, kanda, singhanda, mooli, haldi and jau by drawing his figure on paper with flour.
15. Sisters apply tilak on their brothers' forehead and put jau tied in mauli on their ears, which they keep entire day as an image of development and achievement.
16. Homes are cleaned and improved for the celebration with flowers and puja is performed worshiping Goddess Durga.
17. Individuals dress up in new garments, eat delightful delicious dishes, and desserts of different sorts are arranged and served to each other on this day.
Wish all of you a very HAPPY DUSSEHRA 2017!